BJP on Tuesday accused Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh of harassing its workers by lodging “politically motivated” cases against them and demanded to withdraw them immediately.
The party said while the government was helpless before the criminals and mining mafias, it was prompt in lodging political cases.
“Cases have been lodged against thousands of BJP workers across the state for torching effigy of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, but no action has been taken against Samajwadi Party workers for burning effigy of Prime Minister Narendra Modi,” BJP spokesperson Vijay Bahadur Pathak said while talking to reporters.
Blaming the SP government of having double standards, he said, “This exposes the double standard of the SP government. The party which cries about democratic traditions has itself forgotten about them.”
BJP workers had staged demonstrations and torched effigies of the CM across the state on Sunday last to protest alleged attack on party’s state headquarter here a day before.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Pathak said in Balrampur a case has been lodged against BJP MP from Shravasti, Daddan Mishra and others.
Terming all the cases as “politically motivated”, Pathak said, “Police of SP government, which is helpless before the criminals and mining mafias, is prompt in lodging political cases.”
He demanded that cases lodged against the BJP leaders and workers should be withdrawn immediately.