BJP on Tuesday accused Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh of harassing its workers by lodging “politically motivated” cases against them and demanded to withdraw them immediately.
The party said while the government was helpless before the criminals and mining mafias, it was prompt in lodging political cases.
“Cases have been lodged against thousands of BJP workers across the state for torching effigy of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, but no action has been taken against Samajwadi Party workers for burning effigy of Prime Minister Narendra Modi,” BJP spokesperson Vijay Bahadur Pathak said while talking to reporters.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Blaming the SP government of having double standards, he said, “This exposes the double standard of the SP government. The party which cries about democratic traditions has itself forgotten about them.”
BJP workers had staged demonstrations and torched effigies of the CM across the state on Sunday last to protest alleged attack on party’s state headquarter here a day before.
Pathak said in Balrampur a case has been lodged against BJP MP from Shravasti, Daddan Mishra and others.
Terming all the cases as “politically motivated”, Pathak said, “Police of SP government, which is helpless before the criminals and mining mafias, is prompt in lodging political cases.”
He demanded that cases lodged against the BJP leaders and workers should be withdrawn immediately.