Blaming the Akhilesh Yadav government for failing to safeguard the interests of Muslims, the Barelvi sect is now up in arms against the Samajwadi Party.
Prominent clerics of the sect have decided to meet Akhilesh to lodge their protest. The clerics also claimed that in case of an unsatisfactory response, they will not hesitate to launch direct opposition to SP.
The allegations were made during a meeting of Tehrik-e-Tahaffuz-e-Sunniyat, an organisation of Barelvi sect, on Wednesday. The meeting, attended by nearly 60 Barelvi clerics, resolved that the Akhilesh Yadav government had failed to protect Muslim lives and properties. The outfit is headed by Ahsan Raza Khan, son of Subhan Raza Khan, the ‘sajjadanashin’ of Dargah Imam Raza Ahmed Khan known as Aala Hazrat in Bareilly.
“Muslims suffered in a series of riots occurred during Akhilesh regime. In Bareilly itself, nearly a dozen communal incidents took place and Muslims were at the receiving end. They are now angry with Akhilesh Yadav and it is hard to control their anger,” Maulana Saleem Noori, general secretary of the outfit told The Indian Express after the meeting.
Noori claimed that even SP leaders did not support Muslims at the local level. “BJP leaders reached everywhere in support of Hindus, but no SP leader came out in our support,” he claimed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Besides Muzaffarnagar, Kanth and Saharanpur, Noori cited half a dozen communal incidents in Bareilly during past two months, claiming that district administration had acted against Muslims while there was no support from Akhilesh Yadav.
“In Meera Ki Paith, some people posted objectionable comments about our Prophet. Instead of taking action, the administration named 27 Muslims and 450 unidentified people for rioting. Now, Muslims in the particular area are not returning to their homes fearing arrest”, he said.
He also cited the example of Khateta village where a madarsa cum mosque was allegedly razed.
“Strangely, police has projected the Imam Mohammad Shafi as ‘terrorist’ in this case. He gets hardly Rs 2000 a month,” he said. Noori also claimed that Kanwariyas were allowed to pass from nearly four new routes that are densely populated by Muslims.
“Where is Akhilesh government ? Muslims are at the receiving end. We cannot pacify them and so it has been decided to meet Akhilesh as an ultimatum and if he fails to act, we will not hesitate to oppose them,” he stated.
Earlier, Akhilesh had bestowed minister of state status to Abid Khan who is an employee with Dargah Aala Hazrat. Later, he resigned.
SP also stitched up an alliance with Ittehad-e-Millat Council of Tauqir Raza Khan who too was given MoS status, but it did not continue. “We never recommended anyone for ministerial position. We are not interested in posts. Our concern is the interest and welfare of Muslims on which Akhilesh has failed miserably,” Noori stated.