BSP members raised the issue of the rape of two sisters in Baraut area of Baghpat district in UP Legislative council and demanded a debate over the matter and immediate arrest of the accused.
Raising the matter during Zero Hour through an adjournment notice, the BSP members said the two minor girls, aged 4 and 6 years, were raped by unidentified persons on June 17 and their medical examination at a government hospital confirmed it.
They added that there was resentment among local people towards the administration as no arrest has been made.
While Leader of the Opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui demanded immediate arrest of the accused and financial assistance of Rs 25 lash each to the family members of the victims, Leader of the House Ahmad Hasan said that Circle Officer, Baraut was investigating the case under the supervision of ASP and informed that the victims’ family suspects involvement of their neighbour.
Though Chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey rejected the adjournment notice, he said it was a gruesome incident and directed the government to take stern action and extend adequate financial assistance to victims’ family.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review