THREE POLICEMEN, including a station officer (SO), were suspended after a murder accused was found hanging in the lock-up of Islam Nagar police station in Badaun early Friday. The kin of the deceased, Jainul Aabdeen, alleged he died of police torture and later, the body was hanged to make it look like a suicide.
Badaun SSP Mahendra Yadav said Station Officer Chandrapal Singh and constables Gaurav Kumar and Ishu Kumar Singh, who were on duty when the incident took place, were suspended for dereliction of duty.
“Jainul Aabdeen was arrested on Thursday night in a murder case. He hanged himself in a lock-up of Islam Nagar police station early today. He tore the blanket kept at the lock-up and used it to hang himself with the ventilator rod. Though we immediately took him to a nearby CHC, he was declared brought dead on arrival,” Yadav added.
Police said a charred body was recovered from a car near Behta crossing in Islam Nagar on July 10. One Parveen went on to identify the body as that of her husband, Jainul Aabdeen, a resident of Shah Bazar in Badaun and a carpet merchant. She also got a murder case lodged against unidentified persons.
“About a fortnight ago, we received a tip-off that Jainul was alive and staying at a relative’s house in Badaun. We caught him Thursday night and during interrogation, he confessed to have killed one Salman from Ghaziabad and set his body ablaza to fake his death so that he could get insurance money of Rs 65 lakh,” said a police officer.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Another murder case is pending against Jainul at Sahse-wan police station,” said the SSP.