The postmortem examination reports of two minor cousins, whose bodies were found hanging from a tree near their village in Usait police station area of Budaun district Wednesday, have confirmed they were raped.
The report stated the girls died because of “asphyxia due to ante-mortem hanging”.
DIG (Bareilly Range) R K S Rathore said: “The postmortem reports have confirmed that both girls were raped.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Samples from the bodies of both girls, aged 14 and 15, have also been sent for pathological tests.
Police have arrested Pappu Yadav, one of the the five persons accused of rape and murder of the girls.
The family members have said the girls had gone to attend nature’s call on Tuesday evening when they were forcibly taken to the nearby jungle by Pappu Yadav, his brothers Awadhesh and Urvesh, all of the same village, and two other unidentified persons.
According to the complaint of the family members, when they went to lodge the complaint at Katra Saadatganj police outpost, head constable Chhatrapal Yadav and constable Sarvesh turned them away after hurling abuses at them.
The girls were found hanging from a tree near the village on Wednesday morning. Angry villagers did not let the police take the bodies for over six hours until the senior officers arrived and pacified them.
An FIR on charges of gangrape, murder, conspiracy and under the provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act at Usait police station against the three brothers, Pappu, Awadhesh, Urvesh, two unidentified persons and constables Chhatrapal and Sarvesh.
Both constables and sub-inspector Ram Vilas, who is in-charge of Katra Saadatganj police outpost, were suspended Wednesday.