The postmortem examination reports of two minor cousins, whose bodies were found hanging from a tree near their village in Usait police station area of Budaun district Wednesday, have confirmed they were raped.
The report stated the girls died because of “asphyxia due to ante-mortem hanging”.
DIG (Bareilly Range) R K S Rathore said: “The postmortem reports have confirmed that both girls were raped.”
Samples from the bodies of both girls, aged 14 and 15, have also been sent for pathological tests.
Police have arrested Pappu Yadav, one of the the five persons accused of rape and murder of the girls.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The family members have said the girls had gone to attend nature’s call on Tuesday evening when they were forcibly taken to the nearby jungle by Pappu Yadav, his brothers Awadhesh and Urvesh, all of the same village, and two other unidentified persons.
According to the complaint of the family members, when they went to lodge the complaint at Katra Saadatganj police outpost, head constable Chhatrapal Yadav and constable Sarvesh turned them away after hurling abuses at them.
The girls were found hanging from a tree near the village on Wednesday morning. Angry villagers did not let the police take the bodies for over six hours until the senior officers arrived and pacified them.
An FIR on charges of gangrape, murder, conspiracy and under the provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act at Usait police station against the three brothers, Pappu, Awadhesh, Urvesh, two unidentified persons and constables Chhatrapal and Sarvesh.
Both constables and sub-inspector Ram Vilas, who is in-charge of Katra Saadatganj police outpost, were suspended Wednesday.