A local court in Pratapgarh has rejected the closure report filed by the local police 10 years ago in a case related to an attack on BSP workers led allegedly by then local MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya and his aides in Kunda police station area in 2005. Singh, an independent MLA from Kunda, at present is a Cabinet minister in the Akhilesh Yadav government.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The incident dates back to March 31, 2005 when the BSP workers were staging a dharna on Kunda tehsil campus protesting against the murder of party MLA Raju Pal in Allahabad two months ago. Mafia-turned politician Atiq Ahmed and his brother Ashraf were named as main accused in the murder case, which is being investigated by the CBI.
The investigating officer at Kunda police station filed the closure report in the case on March 22, 2006.
“Chief Judicial Magistrate Pawan Kumar Srivastava Tuesday rejected the closure report filed by the police and ordered for further investigation into the case,” said district government counsel, Pratapgarh, Anwarul Hasan Khan.
“Police filed the closure report on grounds of doubt over presence of Raja Bhaiyya and others at the spot when the alleged attack on BSP workers took place. Complainant of the case, Shiv Prakash Mishra ‘Senani’ filed a protest application on the closure report and court ordered for further investigation after rejecting the closure report,” he added.
Raja Bhaiyya belongs to Kunda.
According to prosecution, it was alleged in the FIR that Raja Bhaiyya along with his associates had reached the Kunda tehsil and started beating up the protestors and forced them to leave the place. The FIR was lodged by BSP worker Shiv Prakash Mishra ‘Senani’ against Raja Bhaiyya and his 25 associates at the Kunda police station.
Supreme Court in January this year ordered for CBI probe into the murder of Raju Pal on a petition filed by his wife Pooja, who is BSP MLA from Allahabad West.