Samajwadi Party general secretary and former MP Anuradha Choudhary Friday resigned from the party, blaming minister Azam Khan for his interference in Muzaffarnagar due to which, she alleged, the administration failed to act impartially in controlling the riots.
She, however, ruled out joining any other party as of now. Choudhary claimed to be working for farmers whose tractor trolleys were damaged in the Muzaffarnagar riots and are yet to receive any compensation.
The development comes days after Choudhary was stripped of her Minister of State (MoS) status along with 36 others following the Lok Sabha poll debacle.
Choudhary, who had quit the Rashtriya Lok Dal to join the SP in January 2012 before the Assembly elections, was appointed SP national general secretary and given ticket to contest the LS polls from Bijnor.
Her candidature was later withdrawn and she was appointed Chairperson, Council for Science and Technology, with MoS status. She was sacked from the post May 19.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“I am not interested in any post. I never took any benefits. I am quitting the SP due to Azam Khan. He does not respect women and Jaya Prada is an example. He does not hold the home ministry, but interferes everywhere,” Anuradha told The Indian Express after sending her resignation to Mulayam.
“After the Muzaffarnagar riots, minister Shivpal Yadav came to my house and I told him that Azam’s undue interference had worsened the situation. I even told this to Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh, but no action was taken,” she said.
Choudhary also alleged that Azam had rejoined the SP to finish the party.
“There are reasons to believe this as he gave irresponsible statements during the elections. I am a daughter of an Army officer. There is no discrimination in the Army on religious grounds,” she said while referring to Azam’s remarks on Muslim soldiers during Kargil war.