Leading a protest against alleged derogatory remarks by self-proclaimed Hindu Mahasabha leader Kamlesh Tiwari against Prophet Muhammad, Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad demanded capital punishment for state minority welfare minister Azam Khan alleging him for giving inflammatory statements.
“Kamlesh Tiwari should be hanged for his statement but same punishment should also be given to a Muslim minister (Azam) whose statement triggered Tiwari’s statement,” Jawwad said while addressing protesters outside Asafi Mosque in Lucknow after Friday prayers.
Kamlesh Tiwari had called Prophet Muhammad the first homosexual in the world in a press note issued by him. He had allegedly also circulated pamphlets against the Muslim community. His remarks had come a day after UP cabinet minister Azam Khan had called RSS members homosexuals. Tiwari was arrested on Wednesday after several Muslim youths launched massive protests against the leader and even torched his effigies.
“The punishment for this act in Islamic Shariah is death. Nothing will happen by imposing NSA and he should be hanged. If state government fails to do this, it will be considered that it is also hand in glove in this act,” Jawwad said.
Alleging Azam’s role behind the Tiwari’s controversial statement, the cleric said, “All this happened due to conspiracy of Hindu Mahasabha and the minister (Azam) so that Muslims and Hindus continue fighting and votes are divided. Presently, anti-Islamic forces are mentally torturing Muslims and hence such controversial statements are being given. This Muslim minister is tarnishing the image of the government. After his controversial statement, Tiwari gathered courage to issue derogatory statement against Prophet Muhammad.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More