Leading a protest against alleged derogatory remarks by self-proclaimed Hindu Mahasabha leader Kamlesh Tiwari against Prophet Muhammad, Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad demanded capital punishment for state minority welfare minister Azam Khan alleging him for giving inflammatory statements.
“Kamlesh Tiwari should be hanged for his statement but same punishment should also be given to a Muslim minister (Azam) whose statement triggered Tiwari’s statement,” Jawwad said while addressing protesters outside Asafi Mosque in Lucknow after Friday prayers.
Kamlesh Tiwari had called Prophet Muhammad the first homosexual in the world in a press note issued by him. He had allegedly also circulated pamphlets against the Muslim community. His remarks had come a day after UP cabinet minister Azam Khan had called RSS members homosexuals. Tiwari was arrested on Wednesday after several Muslim youths launched massive protests against the leader and even torched his effigies.
“The punishment for this act in Islamic Shariah is death. Nothing will happen by imposing NSA and he should be hanged. If state government fails to do this, it will be considered that it is also hand in glove in this act,” Jawwad said.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Alleging Azam’s role behind the Tiwari’s controversial statement, the cleric said, “All this happened due to conspiracy of Hindu Mahasabha and the minister (Azam) so that Muslims and Hindus continue fighting and votes are divided. Presently, anti-Islamic forces are mentally torturing Muslims and hence such controversial statements are being given. This Muslim minister is tarnishing the image of the government. After his controversial statement, Tiwari gathered courage to issue derogatory statement against Prophet Muhammad.”