With the Trinamool Congress and Peace Party entering into a pre-poll alliance in UP, social activist Anna Hazare, who has extended support to the TMC, is set to address his first rally in the state on March 13.
Hazare is expected to address two rallies in Domariyaganj, Siddharthanagar and Phulpur, Allahabad.
Peace Party president Dr Ayub, who will be contesting the Lok Sabha election from Domariyaganj, will be sharing dais with Hazare in the rally.
“Henceforth, all the rallies in the state will be a joint venture of Anna team, TMC and Peace Party,” Dr Ayub told The Indian Express.
“We are also going to hold rallies on March 23 in Agra, March 30 in Moradabad and April 6 in Bhadohi. Though this is still a tentative programme, Annaji is expected to participate in all these rallies. As the elections approach, TMC president Mamata Banerjee is also expected to address rallies in the state,” said Dr Ayub.
Dr Ayub said though Peace Party has declared a list of 46 candidates for the upcoming polls, “we are not rigid for seats as neither our party nor TMC has a very strong base in the state. We are negotiating on seats, which should not be a problem.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Peace Party, which had contested the 2009 parliamentary polls, made its debut with four seats in Uttar Pradesh assembly in 2012, with Dr Ayub winning from Khalilabad constituency and Kamal Yusuf Mallik from Domariyaganj.
Confirming that Hazare is expected in the March 13 rallies, Vinod Singh, national convenor of Anna team and TMC team, said the only hitch so far is the permission from the administration from the rally. “We are starting our parliamentary rallies from March 12 at Delhi’s Ramlila Maidan, where both Mamataji and Annaji would participate. The next day, Annaji is expected to address UP rally, depending on the permission from the administration,” said Singh.
From Phulpur, student leader Rajesh Singh is expected to fight the elections as the candidate proposed by Anna team, said Singh.
Meanwhile, with Peace Party and Bhartiya Kisan Union showing solidarity with TMC, the party is expected to contest elections from as many as 40 seats in the parliamentary polls now, said state president of TMC Shyam Sundar Sharma.
Earlier, TMC was planning to contest elections from around 15 seats in the state.
“We have Peace Party, Akali Dal, Bhartiya Kisan Union and Imam Bukhari with us now. We are thus planning to contest elections from more than half the seats in Uttar Pradesh,” Sharma, who was in Lucknow to address a party workers’ rally, told The Indian Express.
Sharma also said that after Anna, the party is trying to rope in former president APJ Abdul Kalam Azad for support.