Two days before 10 Lok Sabha seats of western UP goes to the polls, the Aligarh Muslim University Teachers’ Association (AMUTA) has issued an appeal to Muslim community and “secular” voters to defeat BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi as well as Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav in the Lok Sabha elections.
AMUTA has called these leaders “communal, pseudo secular and fascist forces”.
AMUTA secretary Aftab Alam said the teachers’ body executive in a meeting opined that the people who are responsible for Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar riots are a threat to the country and they should be defeated.
AMUTA, in its statement, said arrest of innocent Muslim youths in fake terror cases is an issue of serious concern. “Those who will guarantee release of innocent Muslims languishing in jails, will get support of Muslims,” AMUTA said.
The statement also mentioned that instead of supporting a particular political party, AMUTA appeals to Muslims to vote those candidates who can defeat “communal” Modi and “pseudo-secular” Mulayam in their respective constituencies. AMUTA said Modi has made a false propaganda that Muslims in Gujarat vote for him.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Within two years of the SP government, more than hundred cases of communal riots have been reported, the most serious being in Muzaffarnagar. Even after seven months, several thousand victims are not ready to go back to their home out of fear,” claimed Alam.
The teachers’ body also condemned the alleged hate speech by BJP’s UP in-charge Amit Shah and said the AMU fraternity is of the opinion that some parties are trying to flare up communal tension to polarise votes. AMUTA has announced to campaign against Mulayam in Azamgarh. Alam said AMUTA may campaign against Modi in Varanasi, too.