BJP NATIONAL president Amit Shah and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh will jointly address six public meetings in UP in the next few weeks to popularise the highlights of Union Budget, public welfare programmes run by the Narendra Modi government and the newly-launched crop insurance scheme for farmers.
Party’s national vice-president and UP in-charge Om Mathur announced this Saturday during a meeting with organisational office bearers of the state unit and regional units.
While the dates are yet to be decided, party spokesperson Manoj Mishra said that the public meeting for the Gorakhpur region will be held in Mau, Kashi’s in Allahabad, Awadh’s in Lucknow, Kanpur’s in Jahanabad, and for the Paschim region in Moradabad. The venue for Braj region is yet to be decided.
- Congress has shown 'immaturity' by taking national issues to international forums: Rajnath Singh
- Karnataka polls: Amit Shah asks leaders to desist from naming election candidates
- Election results: PM Narendra Modi gives credit to Amit Shah for BJP’s ‘extraordinary win’
- Delhi confidential: Show Of Strength
- Some candidates ‘finalised’, but BJP keeps cards close to its chest
- Uttar Pradesh Panchayat Raj day: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani, Uma, Amit Shah; Manohar Parrikar gives Rae Bareli a miss
Mishra said that the party intends to popularise the Union Budget and crop insurance scheme till the booth level. For this, Amit Shah has called a meeting of all party MPs from UP in Delhi on Monday where he will seek their cooperation in this campaign and for the upcoming public meetings.
At the Saturday’s meeting, the BJP also decide to celebrate its foundation day, April 6, as ‘Samarparn Diwas’. It will collect donation from the workers, which will go into the party’s fund, and make them take pledge that they will prepare for the next year’s Assembly polls with “complete dedication”. BJP has also planned to celebrate the birth anniversary of Bhimrao Ambedkar on April 14 in all the districts of the state.