BJP NATIONAL president Amit Shah and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh will jointly address six public meetings in UP in the next few weeks to popularise the highlights of Union Budget, public welfare programmes run by the Narendra Modi government and the newly-launched crop insurance scheme for farmers.
Party’s national vice-president and UP in-charge Om Mathur announced this Saturday during a meeting with organisational office bearers of the state unit and regional units.
While the dates are yet to be decided, party spokesperson Manoj Mishra said that the public meeting for the Gorakhpur region will be held in Mau, Kashi’s in Allahabad, Awadh’s in Lucknow, Kanpur’s in Jahanabad, and for the Paschim region in Moradabad. The venue for Braj region is yet to be decided.
- Rajnath Singh comes to Jay Shah's defence, says allegations have 'no basis'
- Amit Shah likely to attend ‘Jan Raksha Yatra’ in Delhi on October 8
- Cabinet reshuffle tomorrow at 10 am: Who will enter CCS? At Rajnath Singh's house, top ministers in a huddle
- Amit Shah completes three years as BJP president tomorrow
- After Amit Shah leaves, Yogi Adityanath calls law & order meet
- Uttar Pradesh Panchayat Raj day: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani, Uma, Amit Shah; Manohar Parrikar gives Rae Bareli a miss
Mishra said that the party intends to popularise the Union Budget and crop insurance scheme till the booth level. For this, Amit Shah has called a meeting of all party MPs from UP in Delhi on Monday where he will seek their cooperation in this campaign and for the upcoming public meetings.
At the Saturday’s meeting, the BJP also decide to celebrate its foundation day, April 6, as ‘Samarparn Diwas’. It will collect donation from the workers, which will go into the party’s fund, and make them take pledge that they will prepare for the next year’s Assembly polls with “complete dedication”. BJP has also planned to celebrate the birth anniversary of Bhimrao Ambedkar on April 14 in all the districts of the state.