The Samajwadi Party (SP) has decided to appoint a team of six leaders to represent the state government on various issues before print and electronic media.
This comes as Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday again slammed the media for playing up crimes in UP while ignoring similar incidents of other states. “When I take action you call me strict, if I do not take action I am regarded as soft. Now, you tell me what should I do,” he said in Kannauj.
The party has Ramgopal Yadav as its national spokesperson and Rajendra Choudhary and Shivpal Yadav as its state spokespersons. As of now, a few small-time SP leaders appear on TV shows, apparently without the knowledge of the leadership, often putting the party in a tight spot while fielding questions.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The new spokespersons include minister Abhishek Mishra, senior lawyer Gaurav Bhatia, MLA Shadab Fatima, MLC Madhu Gupta, senior leader Ashok Bajpayee and youth leader Anand Bhadauria.
Mishra and Bhatia have been asked to appear on English TV channels while Fatima and Gupta would represent the state government during debates. Bajpayee and Bhadauria will come on Hindi channels. The new team will be told how to attack the opposition, mainly BJP leaders who participate in TV shows. They have been asked to keep themselves aware of the latest developments in the state and the state government’s action with respect to various incidents.
They will also be armed with proper data about states ruled by the BJP, which has launched an onslaught on the SP government after winning the Lok Sabha elections.