Dismissing speculations about his return to the Samajwadi Party (SP), Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh asked Mulayam Singh Yadav and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to explain the performance of Bollywood stars during the Saifai Mahotsav while children were dying at the relief camps in Muzaffarnagar.
Amar Singh, who was speaking to the mediapersons at his Lucknow residence Wednesday evening, also announced to distribute blankets and other relief materials to the victims in Muzaffarnagar on January 27 as part of his birthday celebrations.
“I am not going to lick anybody’s feet like the way Mulayam claimed about (RJD chief) Lalu Prasad after his Muzaffarnagar visit. I will also find out whether Congress, BJP workers are conspiring among victims as claimed by Mulayam,” he said.
“Earlier, for every controversy, Mulayam used to blame me. Now, how will he justify enjoying the show of Madhuri Dixit and Mallika Sherawat at Saifai Mahotsav with his three generations while children were dying of cold in Muzaffarnagar?” Amar Singh said.
He also claimed that it is his good luck that he is no more a part of the SP, else it would have been difficult for him to justify the Saifai Mahotsav celebrations after the riots. “Even Mayawati did not celebrate her birthday. I am also going to help victims of Muzaffarnagar riots,” he said.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
He claimed that filmstars had charged for performing at Saifai Mahotsav.“As per my knowledge, Salman charged Rs 3.5 crore while Madhuri took Rs 1.5 crore through an event management company,” he claimed.
He said if Salman was so friendly that he performed for free, then why did he campaign against (Akhilesh’s wife) Dimple Yadav during the Firzoabad bye-elections. “For them Jaya Prada is a dancer, but why did they enjoy the dhak-dhak girl’s (Madhuri’s) dance,” said Amar.
“I have no ill-feeling against the Yadav clan but Ramgopal and Mulayam played a dual game with me. They asked me to retain Rajya Sabha membership after resigning from the party and later approached to get it cancelled,” he claimed.
Amar Singh also claimed that UP’s Principal Secretary (Law) is misguiding Akhilesh in his case of money laundering lodged at Babupurwa in Kanpur. “I got a clean chit from every department and even court. But Principal Secretary (Law) is giving false report in this case to CM.”
“I am very happy as I have got time to look after myself. I should be thankful to them for throwing me out of the party. In any case, I am not going to return to the SP. Lalkaru (Ramgopal) and Puchkaru (Mulayam) are doing much harm to the party. “Now when laptops are distributed by Akhilesh and Mulayam is justifying it, then why was I blamed for computerisation ? I am happy to have got rid of opportunists,” he said.
Court dismisses riots-related case against Mulayam
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has dismissed a private complaint against SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav for allegedly making objectionable statements in connection with the communal clashes in the district. Judicial Magistrate Mitali Govind Rao dismissed the complaint against Yadav, citing there was no basis to take cognizance against him. Local activist Virender Singh, who is also an accused in three riot-related cases and is now out on bail, had filed the complaint against Yadav. pti