SOON, GROWTH and development will be visible in cities like Lucknow and Kanpur — the country’s big cities, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said in Lucknow Saturday.
Speaking after handing over the first UP FICCI Ladies Organisation Women’s Awards, Akhilesh said Kanpur and Lucknow are big cities where “new growth” would be visible. “If there is a Metro being developed in Lucknow, then Kanpur soon will also get a Metro. If Kanpur has an international cricket stadium, then Lucknow is also building one,” he said at the event held at a city hotel.
- BJP trying to divert people's attention in civic polls: Akhilesh Yadav
- Akhilesh, Mulayam share public space after several months
- Akhilesh Yadav becomes Samajwadi chief second time, targets BJP on economy
- Shivpal gave his blessings and congratulated me, says Akhilesh Yadav
- Mulayam Singh Yadav dismisses speculation about forming new party
- Former UP CM Akhilesh Yadav detained on Agra Lucknow Expressway
Akhilesh said one of the biggest growth-enabler for these cities will be the upcoming Agra-Lucknow Expressway. Calling the Samajwadi Party government “a democratic regime”, the CM said it is working for the security, dignity and empowerment of women.
“The government has provided space to acid attack survivors who wanted to open a cafe in Lucknow… If women entrepreneurs have a proposal, the government will provide them land to establish a haat for women in Lucknow,” he added.
Akhilesh said the state government has created a Rs 100-crore fund to give recognition to women and girls through Rani Laxmibai Awards. “The government is also giving Yash Bharti awards to artists… Rs 50,000 monthly pension is being given to artists because many of them are not in a good financial condition,” he added.
Dozens of women were awarded for business contribution, entrepreneurial endeavour and social work at the programme in which Kannauj MP Dimple Yadav was also present.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE