Following growing incidents of crime against women in Uttar Pradesh, state Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav called a review meeting of the “Women power line 1090” in his office on Tuesday morning and ordered to start “martial arts training” in all the government schools and colleges for girls.
Apart from other officers, Director General of Police A L Banerjee and in-charge of women cell at DGP office, ADG Sutapa Sanyal, were called for the review meeting. The Chief Minister asked the officers to find ways to strengthen the helpline further and make it more effective and prompt.
The 1090 helpline was inaugurated by Akhilesh in November 2012, and is managed and controlled by Women police personnel.
The CM asked DGP A L Banerjee as well as ADG Sanyal to personally conduct regular surprise inspections at the women helpline centre.
He also ordered officers to open women helplines in all the districts and ensure that senior police officials of the district visit these helpline personally for monitoring and inspection.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The CM told officers that “no laxity in this work would be tolerated.”