The erratic powercuts and outages across Uttar Pradesh notwithstanding, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday directed officials to supply round-the-clock power supply to Varanasi, citing a large number of devotees and tourists’ convergence in the temple city. Varanasi is also the Lok Sabha constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
“Varanasi is significant from the cultural as well as religious point of view. Pilgrims as well as tourists from different parts of the country as well as abroad come to the city. Thus, the decision would help not only locals but also tourists coming to the city,” Akhilesh said in an official statement.
The move came soon after CM met the BJP MLA from Varanasi, Shyama Dev Rai Chaudhary, who was on an indefinite fast for the last seven days demanding uninterrupted power supply to Varanasi.
Akhilesh said he expected better coordination and help from the central government as well as public representatives for upgradation of the existing system of power supply. He also pointed out that the approved allocation of power for the state from the central pool is 6,082 MW, against which only 4,500 MW is being supplied. Moreover, in the absence of coal Anpara ‘C’ project of 600 MW has come to a halt since the last four days.
He also asked senior officials of the power department to camp at the generation units for next one week to ensure quick redressal of problems.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In an another significant decision, on the orders of the CM, senior officials of Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation were given a helicopter to meet officials of Northern Coal Field, Singrauli to arrange coal for power plants in state. Another team of officials has been sent to meet senior officials at Union Ministry of Coal on Tuesday to ensure regular coal supply.