Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday laid the foundation stone of a project to build a 70-storey temple in Vrindavan – Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir — which, when finished, is billed to be the tallest shrine in the world.
While the concept of the grand temple was conceived by in-house devotees of ISCKON Bangalore, the structural design has been outsourced to a US-based company, TEC Engineering. The temple, with a traditional Nagra architecture at the entrance, will have elements of a glass façade that would stretch to the 70th floor.
“The temple will change the skyline of Vrindavan. After entering the temple, there will be a capsule lift that will take visitors to the 70th floor. During their journey to the topmost floor, there will be a cosmology exhibit with 3D effects. It will be a whole new immersion experience. People would travel through the planets to reach the top.
There will be telescopes placed on the top floor from where people can see entire Vrindavan,” Chanchalapathi Dasa, vice-chairman of the Akshaya Patra Foundation said.
The temple premises will also have a theme park for visitors. Around the temple, the twelve forests of Braj will be recreated. Specific vegetation of each forest will be artificially grown.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
The team is also going to recreate the Yamuna across the temple and visitors will be taken around in a boat. For those who wish to walk, there will be a path build for a skywalk. A night safari will also be organised by the temple.