Having remained on the backfoot over incidents of crime against woman in UP, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Friday launched a veiled attack on BJP for “defaming” the two sisters in Badaun district, who as per the CBI sources, were killed and not sexually assaulted.
“This is a ‘chalu party’. You all should be aware of this party. It defamed the Badaun girls by raising their rape issue and termed me the worst CM,” Akhilesh said here on the sidelines of an event.
He was referring the incident, where two cousin sisters — aged 14 and 15 — were found hanging from a tree in the last week of May in Badaun. The incident had sparked national outrage with the Samajwadi Party government in the state coming under fire on the issue of law and order situation.
A Hyderabad-based Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) report to CBI, which is probing the case, ruled out sexual assault on the teenage girls.
Referring to communal tension in Moradabad, Akhilesh said “this party” was more concerned about where to install loudspeakers than other crucial issues. “They are more concerned about where to install loudspeakers. In the era of technological advancement, they are stuck to such issues,” Akhilesh said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Attacking further, he said it was easy to be communal but difficult to remain secular. “I can become Hinduwadi anytime but it is difficult to become secular and practice secularism. I challenge them (BJP men) to become secular,” Akhilesh said.
On the issue of “religious conversion”, Yadav said it was also raised by certain parties. “The government gives Rs 50,000 to those who marry in other castes. We give money for marrying in other castes…,” Akhilesh said while trying to drive home the point that focus should remain on development issues.
He also talked about the recent tension that erupted in Faizabad and said the girl and boy were in a relationship. “You can go and check.
In Faizabad, the girl and boy were in relationship. The entire issue was given another colour,” he said, adding his government was concentrating on development of the state.”
We are ahead in doing work but to fail to advertise it,” Akhilesh said.