Hitting back at Narendra Modi for his ‘father-son’s government barb’, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Saturday sarcastically said his father made him the Chief Minister and Modi could do the same if he too has a son.
“Modi thinks that the father-son’s government (baap-bete ki sarkar) is bad … Modiji has also been a Chief Minister for three consecutive times … if he has a son, he too can make his son a CM,” Yadav said while holding a roadshow here on the last day of campaigning for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The BJP prime ministerial candidate, in his speeches, had been saying that in Uttar Pradesh there is a fiefdom of father-son (baap-bete ki sarkar).
Yadav exuded confidence that his party would win the highest number of seats as they were in power and a large number of people were lending them their support.
Claiming that a lot of development took place in the state, he said his party distributed laptops and started welfare programmes like Kanya Vidya Dhan, Unemployment Allowance, Pensions and provided other facilities in the state on the basis of which they were seeking votes.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
On the “Gujarat development model of Narendra Modi”, Yadav said, Samajwadi party-led Uttar Pradesh government’s model of development was much better than Modi’s Gujarat model.
Samajwadi party leaders and workers sporting red caps and wearing t-shirts of red colours and holding SP flags in their hands were part of the massive roadshow.
His roadshow in favour of party candidate Kailash Chaurasia began from Sampurnand Sanskrit University, which passed through Godowalia, Maladahiya and other parts of the city.
In Maldahiya, he garlanded the statue of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel.
Shivpal wants BJP nominee arrested
SP leader Shivpal Yadav Saturday demanded the arrest of BJP’s Azamgarh candidate Ramakant Yadav and said the man with over 40 criminal cases may commit suicide to countermand polls from where party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav is contesting.
“He has lost his mental balance. He can kill anyone…even his own supporters, and may even commit suicide to countermand polls. He is a dreaded criminal with over 40 criminal cases lodged against him,” Shivpal said at a press conference in Azamgarh. According to the list of criminal cases against Ramakant, 23 were lodged when he was with the SP.
“It is true that he was with the SP, but we have shown him the door. Under SP regime, everyone is free to get a case lodged against anyone,” Shivpal said.
The SP leader also released a list of vehicles’ numbers from Gujarat and Bihar that are currently in Azamgarh distributing notes to lure voters. He asked the district administration to take steps to bar such anti-social elements and outsiders from entering Azamgarh during poll season. “Outsiders must leave Azamgarh and even I will leave in the morning after making the necessary arrangements,” he added. ens