The Congress, under attack from the BJP on the alleged land deals of Priyanka Gandhi’s husband Robert Vadra, got some unlikely support Monday as Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav termed land acquisition a normal process, which is essential for the development of industries. Akhilesh also attacked BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi saying his surname name could be expanded as “Model Of Dividing India”.
“Different governments had been allotting land to various industries in the past. Without land no industry can be set up. Opposition occurs in all places,” Akhilesh said while addressing an election meeting at Zaidpur town in Barabanki district.
In an apparent reference to the BJP questioning the land deals by Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandh in Haryana, Congress attacks on Modi for allotting land to Adani group in Gujarat, Akhilesh said, everything is done as per the Land Acquisition Act where forcible acquisition of land is prohibited. .
“It happens everywhere. When land is given to industries in West Bengal, Haryana, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab, opposition parties raise the issue opposing it. It had happened with us also when we allotted land for Dadri power project in UP,” Akhilesh said.
He also targeted BJP for attacking Robert Vadra with ‘Jeejaji’ remarks. “Earlier, they brought 2G then 3G and now some other G. Perhaps they are not aware about 4G,” Akhilesh said, without naming Vadra. A few days back, Akhilesh too had targeted Congress for ‘Jijaji’ scam .
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Later in the day, he gave a new definition to Modi’s surname. “The actual meaning of Modi Model Of Dividing India. They (BJP) do not have any development model. They are just misleading people and their policies will stall all development process in the country,” Akhilesh said.
He was addressing party workers at Lohia Park in Chowk area of Lucknow where a road show he led in support of party candidate Abhishek Mishra culminated.
He claimed Modi was made the PM candidate due to pressure from Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, but his intention would never be fulfilled. Akhilesh, who is also the SP state president, challenged BJP to tell that apart from the five states, where they are in power, how many seats they would win in West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar, Tamil Nadu and other states.
In the rally organised in weaver dominated area, Akhilesh said that a separate package would be announced for them after Lok Sabha elections. He said that like Kisan bazars, separate markets would be provided for the products of weavers.