The Congress, under attack from the BJP on the alleged land deals of Priyanka Gandhi’s husband Robert Vadra, got some unlikely support Monday as Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav termed land acquisition a normal process, which is essential for the development of industries. Akhilesh also attacked BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi saying his surname name could be expanded as “Model Of Dividing India”.
“Different governments had been allotting land to various industries in the past. Without land no industry can be set up. Opposition occurs in all places,” Akhilesh said while addressing an election meeting at Zaidpur town in Barabanki district.
In an apparent reference to the BJP questioning the land deals by Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandh in Haryana, Congress attacks on Modi for allotting land to Adani group in Gujarat, Akhilesh said, everything is done as per the Land Acquisition Act where forcible acquisition of land is prohibited. .
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“It happens everywhere. When land is given to industries in West Bengal, Haryana, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab, opposition parties raise the issue opposing it. It had happened with us also when we allotted land for Dadri power project in UP,” Akhilesh said.
He also targeted BJP for attacking Robert Vadra with ‘Jeejaji’ remarks. “Earlier, they brought 2G then 3G and now some other G. Perhaps they are not aware about 4G,” Akhilesh said, without naming Vadra. A few days back, Akhilesh too had targeted Congress for ‘Jijaji’ scam .
Later in the day, he gave a new definition to Modi’s surname. “The actual meaning of Modi Model Of Dividing India. They (BJP) do not have any development model. They are just misleading people and their policies will stall all development process in the country,” Akhilesh said.
He was addressing party workers at Lohia Park in Chowk area of Lucknow where a road show he led in support of party candidate Abhishek Mishra culminated.
He claimed Modi was made the PM candidate due to pressure from Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, but his intention would never be fulfilled. Akhilesh, who is also the SP state president, challenged BJP to tell that apart from the five states, where they are in power, how many seats they would win in West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar, Tamil Nadu and other states.
In the rally organised in weaver dominated area, Akhilesh said that a separate package would be announced for them after Lok Sabha elections. He said that like Kisan bazars, separate markets would be provided for the products of weavers.