With polling ending Monday, the Congress has begun preparing for the way the party should be projected before public by its team of spokespersons and panelists across the country on the counting day, May 16.
During the poll season, the party was embarrassed a number of times when its spokespersons and senior leaders gave statements that went against the party line.
A day before the counting, May 15, the party has, therefore, called around 70 national spokespersons and media panelists from different parts of the country at its Delhi headquarters for a “pre-counting preparation meeting”.
The meeting is likely to be headed by Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, who played a significant role in the formation of new media panelists and spokespersons in January this year, and Ajay Maken, AICC general secretary in-charge of communication department.
About 10 names and panelists, including senior spokesperson Salman Khurshid, national spokespersons Raj Babbar and Rita Bahuguna Joshi, have been called from Uttar Pradesh.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
National media panelists like R P N Singh, P L Punia, Akhilesh Pratap Singh, Nadeem Javed and panelists on state issues Hilal Naqvi and Vivek Bansal are also reportedly going.
Speaking to The Indian Express, a senior party leader said: “The idea of a pre-counting meeting is to take into account different outcomes of results and discuss the best possible replies and counters. The aim is to have a a broad uniformity in the way the Congress is projected as the results starts coming.”
Incidentally, a large number of these leaders are party candidates this Lok Sabha elections, including Salman Khurshid from Farrukhabad, Raj Babbar from Ghaziabad, Rita Bahguna Joshi from Lucknow and P L Punia from Barabanki.