A 62-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by immolating herself following a dispute with her her son in Rasoolabad police station area of Kanpur Dehat district on Tuesday night, police said.
Station Officer, Rasoolabad, Jitendra Singh said, Ram Dulari killed herself after she had a quarrel with her son Lokendra, who allegedly misbehaved with her.
Lokendra, works in a private firm, had purchased a motorcycle recently. “On Tuesday, he demanded Rs 25,000 from his mother to clear the pending dues. When Ram Dulari refused, he picked up a fight and misbehaved with her. Lokendra left the house later,” said SO.
- Months after woman’s suicide, husband kills daughters, self
- Minor kills self after being ‘molested’ in Etawah
- Woman allegedly hangs herself, 5-yr-old son also found dead
- Kolhapur: 90-year-old woman found charred, police suspect suicide
- Woman sets on fire 2 kids, immolates self
- Woman sets her two kids on fire,kills self in Rajasthan
“Lokendra’s father Jahaan Singh told the police that two hours after the fight, Ram Dulari bolted the main door of the house and set herself ablaze after pouring kerosene oil. When he saw smoke emanating from house, he screamed for help. Some locals scaled the boundry wall and entered the house to find Ram Dulari enveloped in flames in the courtyward. They doused the flames and rushed her to the hospital,” the SO added
The woman was declared dead at the hospital.