The Moradabad district administration has sent letters to four BJP MLAs seeking a response over their allegations that the administration violated human rights during a protest in Kanth.
The four MLAs — Suresh Khanna, Arun Kumar, Suresh Rana and Lokendra Singh — were part of the fact-finding committee constituted by the BJP following violent clashes on July 5 over denial of permission for holding a mahapanchayat called over the removal of a loudpeaker from a temple in Akbarpur Chaidri village in Kanth. While the police used the force to control the clashes, the then DM of Moradabad had received serious injuries in his eyes.
“The BJP had approached the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and raised issues of violation of human rights during a protest in Kaanth. I am conducting the inquiry and have sent letters to BJP leaders requesting them to present their facts over alleged violation of human rights,” ADM (Finance) Raj Kumar, who is the inquiry officer, stated.
The ADM added he will himself visit Kaanth for getting ground information.
The letters were served on August 1 but no BJP MLA has responded so far.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The last date (to respond) was August 5. Obviously it will be extended so that they can present their view. It will be delayed,” Rajkumar stated.
Meanwhile, Suresh Khanna, who headed the four-member fact-finding committee of the BJP, said: “I have been told that some letter has been sent to us by the Moradabad district administration. I will surely respond to it after reaching Shahjahanpur. There should not be any discrimination among classes. Dalits are not allowed to use loudspeaker while other sections can use it, we will surely present the facts,”
Suresh Rana, however, claimed he has not received any such letter. “I had searched my office and checked several times. I have not received any letter. Moreover, Suresh Khanna is authorised to answer it,” he said.