The Moradabad district administration has sent letters to four BJP MLAs seeking a response over their allegations that the administration violated human rights during a protest in Kanth.
The four MLAs — Suresh Khanna, Arun Kumar, Suresh Rana and Lokendra Singh — were part of the fact-finding committee constituted by the BJP following violent clashes on July 5 over denial of permission for holding a mahapanchayat called over the removal of a loudpeaker from a temple in Akbarpur Chaidri village in Kanth. While the police used the force to control the clashes, the then DM of Moradabad had received serious injuries in his eyes.
“The BJP had approached the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and raised issues of violation of human rights during a protest in Kaanth. I am conducting the inquiry and have sent letters to BJP leaders requesting them to present their facts over alleged violation of human rights,” ADM (Finance) Raj Kumar, who is the inquiry officer, stated.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The ADM added he will himself visit Kaanth for getting ground information.
The letters were served on August 1 but no BJP MLA has responded so far.
“The last date (to respond) was August 5. Obviously it will be extended so that they can present their view. It will be delayed,” Rajkumar stated.
Meanwhile, Suresh Khanna, who headed the four-member fact-finding committee of the BJP, said: “I have been told that some letter has been sent to us by the Moradabad district administration. I will surely respond to it after reaching Shahjahanpur. There should not be any discrimination among classes. Dalits are not allowed to use loudspeaker while other sections can use it, we will surely present the facts,”
Suresh Rana, however, claimed he has not received any such letter. “I had searched my office and checked several times. I have not received any letter. Moreover, Suresh Khanna is authorised to answer it,” he said.