In yet another facepalm moment for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), Adarsh Shastri will now be ‘contesting’ as an Independent candidate from Lucknow Lok Sabha after the application seeking withdrawal of his nomination form was not accepted by the Lucknow district administration Saturday.
While AAP has fielded Jaaved Jaaferi from the seat, Adarsh Shastri was also asked to file his nomination papers as a ‘covering candidate’ as the party had apprehensions that Jaaved’s form might be rejected on some ‘technical’ grounds.
Shastri has already been announced as party candidate from Allahabad and will be filing his nomination on April 16.
Assistant Returning Officer Vinod Kumar said “as the application seeking withdrawal of Adarsh’s candidature didn’t have his signature, it was rejected.” Adarsh has been allotted ‘belt’ symbol.
AAP state spokesperson Vaibhav Maheshwari said “we were under the impression that the proposer can withdraw the nomination. However, when the proposer submitted the application requesting withdrawal, he was asked to get Adarsh’s signature. We then emailed the document with Adarsh’s signature yet the administration said that emails aren’t considered and instead asked for a fax. But as Adarsh was in a remote location, the fax couldn’t be sent and the deadline was missed.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Saturday was the last day for withdrawal of nomination forms for constituencies falling under the fourth phase.