Actor Anupam Shyam Ojha is seeking ticket from BJP to contest Lok Sabha election from Allahabad.
Ojha, who first appeared during Narendra Modi’s Kanpur rally in October, is camping in Lucknow to attend Modi’s rally scheduled here Sunday.
Ojha, who belongs to Pratapgarh, has acted in more than 60 films, and his last movie was the 2008 Slumdog Millionaire. He started his film career with Sardari Begum in 1996.
Ojha’s character as Thakur Sajjan Singh in Star Plus TV series Mann kee Awaaz Pratigya gave him so much fame that he introduced himself as Anupam Shyam Ojha ‘Sajjan Singh’, while meeting BJP leaders.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Ojha is at the BJP state headquarters for past two days also visited Ramabai Ambedkar Maidan where Modi will address Vijay Shankhnad Maharally Sunday.
In Modi’s rallies held in Kanpur, Varanasi and Bahraich, Sajjan Singh managed to divert attention even when former Chief Minister Kalyan Singh was delivering a speech.
Friday, he met party state co-incharge Rameshwar Chaurasiya and state president Laxmikant Bajpai at the party office.
Ojha said he has asked for a BJP ticket from Allahabad where he had studied and currently runs a theater there.
“I want to contest only from Allahabad. I have met all senior leaders including Amit Shah and all of them have given a positive assurance,” Ojha claimed.
Ojha claimed he is not new to politics as his grandfather Rajnarain Ojha was associated with Jan Sangh. “My schooling was done in Saraswati Sishu Mandir run by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, “ he claimed.