Actor Anupam Shyam Ojha is seeking ticket from BJP to contest Lok Sabha election from Allahabad.
Ojha, who first appeared during Narendra Modi’s Kanpur rally in October, is camping in Lucknow to attend Modi’s rally scheduled here Sunday.
Ojha, who belongs to Pratapgarh, has acted in more than 60 films, and his last movie was the 2008 Slumdog Millionaire. He started his film career with Sardari Begum in 1996.
Ojha’s character as Thakur Sajjan Singh in Star Plus TV series Mann kee Awaaz Pratigya gave him so much fame that he introduced himself as Anupam Shyam Ojha ‘Sajjan Singh’, while meeting BJP leaders.
Ojha is at the BJP state headquarters for past two days also visited Ramabai Ambedkar Maidan where Modi will address Vijay Shankhnad Maharally Sunday.
In Modi’s rallies held in Kanpur, Varanasi and Bahraich, Sajjan Singh managed to divert attention even when former Chief Minister Kalyan Singh was delivering a speech.
Friday, he met party state co-incharge Rameshwar Chaurasiya and state president Laxmikant Bajpai at the party office.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Ojha said he has asked for a BJP ticket from Allahabad where he had studied and currently runs a theater there.
“I want to contest only from Allahabad. I have met all senior leaders including Amit Shah and all of them have given a positive assurance,” Ojha claimed.
Ojha claimed he is not new to politics as his grandfather Rajnarain Ojha was associated with Jan Sangh. “My schooling was done in Saraswati Sishu Mandir run by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, “ he claimed.