The special investigation cell (SIC) has decided to exhume the body of a 48-year-old who was reportedly found hanging naked in a cattle shed of a Jat family during the riots on September 8 in Muzaffarnagar’s Fughana police station area.
No information was lodged with the police about Mehruddin’s death and his body was buried by his family members reportedly on the intervention of the local pradhan and the Jat family.
A murder case was, however, lodged later on the complaint of Rajeev Yadav, an activist of Rihai Manch and member of Awami Council for Democracy and Peace.
According to Yadav, he along with others had visited the relief camp in Muzaffarnagar after the riots and met people belonging to Dongar village. The villagers claimed that Mehruddin was hanged by rioters.
They also alleged that the Jat family comprising Pinku and his father Pawan and village head Ram Chandra forced the Muslim families of the village to bury the body and not to inform anyone.
Yadav, who has vide-recorded the statements of three villagers, has filed a complaint with the police.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
police have registered a case on charges of murder and destruction of evidence at Fughana police station on October 9 and the investigation was handed over to the SIC that is investigating the riot-related cases.Following the investigation, the SIC Tuesday wrote to Yadav stating that they have to exhume the body for autopsy.
The Investigating officer (IO) in the case, Inspector Surendra Singh said, they have recorded statements of several people of Dongar village and most of them claimed that Mehruddin’s body was found hanging in the cattle shed owned by Pinku.
They also confirmed that the police were not informed about it.
When contacted, Mehruddin’s son Fayaaz (26) said they were convinced his father was hanged by the rioters. Fayaaz lives in Punjab along with his three brothers.
He said his father used to live at the native place along with his younger sister who got married two months ago.
Fayaaz said his sister had informed him on September 7 evening that their father was missing. The next morning his body was found hanging naked at the cattle shed of Pinku.
Following pressure from the locals, the body was buried hurriedly in the afternoon without even waiting for them.