The special investigation cell (SIC) has decided to exhume the body of a 48-year-old who was reportedly found hanging naked in a cattle shed of a Jat family during the riots on September 8 in Muzaffarnagar’s Fughana police station area.
No information was lodged with the police about Mehruddin’s death and his body was buried by his family members reportedly on the intervention of the local pradhan and the Jat family.
A murder case was, however, lodged later on the complaint of Rajeev Yadav, an activist of Rihai Manch and member of Awami Council for Democracy and Peace.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to Yadav, he along with others had visited the relief camp in Muzaffarnagar after the riots and met people belonging to Dongar village. The villagers claimed that Mehruddin was hanged by rioters.
They also alleged that the Jat family comprising Pinku and his father Pawan and village head Ram Chandra forced the Muslim families of the village to bury the body and not to inform anyone.
Yadav, who has vide-recorded the statements of three villagers, has filed a complaint with the police.
police have registered a case on charges of murder and destruction of evidence at Fughana police station on October 9 and the investigation was handed over to the SIC that is investigating the riot-related cases.Following the investigation, the SIC Tuesday wrote to Yadav stating that they have to exhume the body for autopsy.
The Investigating officer (IO) in the case, Inspector Surendra Singh said, they have recorded statements of several people of Dongar village and most of them claimed that Mehruddin’s body was found hanging in the cattle shed owned by Pinku.
They also confirmed that the police were not informed about it.
When contacted, Mehruddin’s son Fayaaz (26) said they were convinced his father was hanged by the rioters. Fayaaz lives in Punjab along with his three brothers.
He said his father used to live at the native place along with his younger sister who got married two months ago.
Fayaaz said his sister had informed him on September 7 evening that their father was missing. The next morning his body was found hanging naked at the cattle shed of Pinku.
Following pressure from the locals, the body was buried hurriedly in the afternoon without even waiting for them.