Two police constables were arrested Tuesday for allegedly kidnapping and raping a 15-year-old girl in Bahjoi police station area of Sambhal.
While the girl is yet to be recovered, constables — Lokendra and Devraj — were produced before court, which sent them to jail. A police team has been sent to Delhi on the basis of some clues collected during investigation.
The constables were taken into custody after a case was registered against them on the basis of a complaint filed by the victim’s mother Monday evening.
Officiating in-charge of the Bahjoi police station, sub-inspector N Singh said the complainant claimed the constables had started visiting her house for an inquiry into a matter of an altercation five months ago.
She alleged the duo one day raped her daughter by threatening to frame them in a false case and kept harassing her sexually since. The woman’s husband is employed in another district, Singh added. “She told the police June 8, both the constables came to her house and forcibly took her daughter on motorcycle. Fearing the constables, the mother did not complain against the constables,” the S-I said.
Singh also said they are probing into the role of the constables behind the kidnapping and rape.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched