Two police constables were arrested Tuesday for allegedly kidnapping and raping a 15-year-old girl in Bahjoi police station area of Sambhal.
While the girl is yet to be recovered, constables — Lokendra and Devraj — were produced before court, which sent them to jail. A police team has been sent to Delhi on the basis of some clues collected during investigation.
The constables were taken into custody after a case was registered against them on the basis of a complaint filed by the victim’s mother Monday evening.
Officiating in-charge of the Bahjoi police station, sub-inspector N Singh said the complainant claimed the constables had started visiting her house for an inquiry into a matter of an altercation five months ago.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
She alleged the duo one day raped her daughter by threatening to frame them in a false case and kept harassing her sexually since. The woman’s husband is employed in another district, Singh added. “She told the police June 8, both the constables came to her house and forcibly took her daughter on motorcycle. Fearing the constables, the mother did not complain against the constables,” the S-I said.
Singh also said they are probing into the role of the constables behind the kidnapping and rape.