Two police constables were shot while they were returning from a search operation for criminals in Ramgarh police station area of Firozabad district Monday morning.
Giriraj Kishore died on the spot while Dinesh Pratap Singh died on way to Agra hospital.
Later, Agra Range DIG Vijay Singh Meena suffered head injury in brick-batting by locals who staged protests demanding action against Ramgarh police station in-charge, alleging he was responsible for the murders.
Protesters also pelted stones on passers-by and damaged vehicles.
Giriraj Kishore belonged to Agra while Dinesh was from Mainpuri. Firozabad is adjacent to both the districts.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Additional SP, Firozabad, Rakesh Kumar Pandey denied that protesters had come from the native places of the constables.
Station officer (SO) of Ramgarh police station Ajay Kumar Yadav and sub-inspector Umar Farooq have been suspended on charges of dereliction in duty.
IG (Agra Range), S K Gupta said the family and relatives of the deceased constables were not among protestors. A case has also been lodged against unidentified protestors.
While speaking about the incident, Additional SP Rakesh Kumar Pandey said the police had information about movement of a group of criminals from Naglabari area towards Salai crossing in the intervening night of June 15 and 16.
Police teams rushed to the area and laid a trap. However, they failed to trace the gang. The police teams were later asked to return.
Pandey said the two constables of Ramgarh police station were returning on a motorcycle when miscreants fired at them. The policemen had retaliated but were overpowered, the ASP added.
The policemen sustained gunshot injuries caused by .315 and .12 bore firearms, Pandey said.
Circle Officer, City, Rajesh Chowdhary said one of the constables had even informed the police control room about the attack following which additional police force had rushed to the spot. The police teams found the constables lying in a pool of blood while the criminals had escaped.
While one of them had died on the spot, the other succumbed to injuries on way to Agra, the CO added.
Akhilesh announces ex-gratia of Rs 20 lakh each
VARANASI: State Monday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 20 lakh each to next of kin of two police constables, who died Sunday in Firozabad. “We have decided to give an ex-gratia of Rs 20 lakh to the kin of the two constables killed in Firozabad,” CM Akhilesh Yadav said. “The two constables sacrificed their life and showed immense bravery while making efforts to restore law and order situation,” Yadav said, adding, “Firozabad is my own district and I am very well aware of every situation there.” PTI