A 17-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly beaten to death and later was set on fire by her father and other family members in Saharanpur Tuesday.
The matter came to light after the local police received an anonymous letter informing about the incident. The bones and ashes were recovered from the place where the body was reportedly burnt following a rigorous search around 2.30 am on Wednesday.
An FIR against girl’s father Sethpal, a labourer, and unidentified family members was lodged at Nakud police station on a complaint filed by Juddi village chowkidar Sitaram. The case has been lodged on charges of murder and destruction of evidence.
SSP, Saharanpur, Rajesh Pandey said the recovered remains would be sent for forensic examination, adding the hunt is on to trace the girl’s father and others who are absconding.
The police said preliminary inquiry revealed the girl was reportedly having an affair with her elder sister’s brother-in-law and was pregnant. The investigation also found that the girl’s family had offered a proposal for their marriage, but the youth’s family reportedly demanded dowry which was turned down by the girl’s father.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The police added the girl’s father and others caught her with the same youth in a compromising state in the village and she was reportedly brought to the house where she was allegedly beaten to death. The body was later set on fire.
Senior Sub-inspector (SSI), Nakud police station, Digambar said after receiving information on Tuesday evening they visited the girl’s house to find her ailing mother who said her daughter was assaulted by her father and others and was later taken outside the house. She said she was unaware as to what happened to her daughter.