Under scanner for poor performance of centrally funded schemes like National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme and Indira Awas Yojana,the Uttar Pradesh government has identified 14 districts as main culprits.
These 14 poor-performing districts have been identified in terms of under-utilisation of available funds under MGNREGA,lack of monitoring of rural development schemes of both state and the central government,failure to send utilisation certificates under Indira Awas Yojana in time,failure to meet deadlines under Lohia Awas Yojana and lack of initiatives to launch new projects under MGNREGA.
In two glaring cases,it came out that Jaunpur district had available Rs 70 crore under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme during financial year 2012-13 but it could utilise only about Rs 48 crore. In Allahabad,out of about Rs 66 crore available with the district,it could utilise only about Rs 50 crore.
Interestingly,among the list of 14 poor-performers,more than half of the districts are represented by Congress MPs,including Rae Bareli,which is the constituency of Congress president Sonia Gandhi. Other districts are Farrukhabad ,parliamentary constituency of Salman Khurshid; Unnao represented by Congress MP Annu Tandon; Kanpur Nagar represented by Coal Minister Shriprakash Jaiswal; Kushinagar represented by union minister RPN Singh; Bahraich represented by Congress MP Kamal Kishore; Jhansi,represented by Union Minister of State for Rural Development Pradeep Jain Aditya; and Kanpur Dehat represented by Congress MP Rajaram Pal.
The other districts are Varanasi,Ambedkarnagar,Allahabad,Ghaziabad,Kansganj and Jaunpur.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The entire state is suffering due to the lethargic attitude of these 14 districts. During scrutiny it came out that some of these districts had huge funds lying with them but due to lack of monitoring and planning,the funds remained under-utilised, said a senior officer.
Districts identified in terms of:
*Under-utilisation of available funds under MGNREGA
*Lack of monitoring of rural development schemes of state,Centre
*Failure to send utilisation certificates under Indira Awas Yojana in time
*Failure to meet deadlines under Lohia Awas Yojana
*Lack of initiatives to launch new projects under MGNREGA