Under scanner for poor performance of centrally funded schemes like National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme and Indira Awas Yojana,the Uttar Pradesh government has identified 14 districts as main culprits.
These 14 poor-performing districts have been identified in terms of under-utilisation of available funds under MGNREGA,lack of monitoring of rural development schemes of both state and the central government,failure to send utilisation certificates under Indira Awas Yojana in time,failure to meet deadlines under Lohia Awas Yojana and lack of initiatives to launch new projects under MGNREGA.
In two glaring cases,it came out that Jaunpur district had available Rs 70 crore under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme during financial year 2012-13 but it could utilise only about Rs 48 crore. In Allahabad,out of about Rs 66 crore available with the district,it could utilise only about Rs 50 crore.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Interestingly,among the list of 14 poor-performers,more than half of the districts are represented by Congress MPs,including Rae Bareli,which is the constituency of Congress president Sonia Gandhi. Other districts are Farrukhabad ,parliamentary constituency of Salman Khurshid; Unnao represented by Congress MP Annu Tandon; Kanpur Nagar represented by Coal Minister Shriprakash Jaiswal; Kushinagar represented by union minister RPN Singh; Bahraich represented by Congress MP Kamal Kishore; Jhansi,represented by Union Minister of State for Rural Development Pradeep Jain Aditya; and Kanpur Dehat represented by Congress MP Rajaram Pal.
The other districts are Varanasi,Ambedkarnagar,Allahabad,Ghaziabad,Kansganj and Jaunpur.
The entire state is suffering due to the lethargic attitude of these 14 districts. During scrutiny it came out that some of these districts had huge funds lying with them but due to lack of monitoring and planning,the funds remained under-utilised, said a senior officer.
Districts identified in terms of:
*Under-utilisation of available funds under MGNREGA
*Lack of monitoring of rural development schemes of state,Centre
*Failure to send utilisation certificates under Indira Awas Yojana in time
*Failure to meet deadlines under Lohia Awas Yojana
*Lack of initiatives to launch new projects under MGNREGA