A 12-year-old boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a five-year-old girl in Mohamdi area of Lakhimpur Kheri district, police said Monday.
The incident took place Sunday, they said adding the arrest has been made after an FIR was registered based on a complaint filed by the girl’s father at Mohamdi police station.
SHO, Mohamdi police station, C B Singh said, “Medical examination was conducted on the girl. The report states there is an injury on victim’s private parts”.
Circle Officer, Mohamdi, Rama Shankar Pandey said, “The 12-year-old was arrested Monday morning and produced before Juvenile Justice Board (JJB), which sent him to Observation Home in Hardoi.”
Both, the accused and victim are from same community and are neighbours. While the accused recently cleared class 4 examination, the victim is yet to join school.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The SHO added that they have seized the victim’s dress and would be sending it to laboratory for further examination.
The victim’s father in his police complaint said that on Sunday afternoon, while he was working in the field, his two daughters —- the five-year-old victim and her 12-year-old elder sister —- reached there. While the elder one joined him in the field, the younger was sitting under a tree some distance away.
The father alleged that in the meantime the accused came to the field and lured the victim by offering her Re 1. He took her to nearby sugarcane field, the father said, where he allegedly raped her.
The matter came to light when the victim started crying. As the father reached the sugarcane field, he found the girl crying and her dress dishevelled. Seeing the father, the accused ran away from the spot.
Later, father informed the police who arrested the accused from near his house.