A 10-year-old boy was found strangled to death in the fields near his village in Lucknow’s Gosaiganj area on Sunday morning.
Police said on Saturday, Sathwara village resident Ram Ujagar Dwivedi had gone to his relative’s place for a wedding in Shekhwamau village, along with his wife Archana. When he returned in the night, he found his son Satyam was not at home. His daughter Mandakini told him that Satyam had gone to get mangoes from orchards with three local boys.
- Asaram, Gurmeet Ram Rahim, Nithyananda and more: The ‘godmen’ who faced criminal cases
- UP: Village head’s brother-in-law killed, mob torches main accused’s house
- Unnao rape case: Here’s everything you need to know
- Rajkot: Six persons have been detained for Dalit youth’s murder, police say ‘no breakthrough’
- Uttar Pradesh: Anger, anguish at murder victims’ homes after news of withdrawal of riot cases
- UP rights panel probes 4 encounters with 1 FIR script: Suspects on bikes fired at cops
Soon, Dwivedi started looking for his son. Satyam’s body was found around 7 am on Sunday. “Satyam was found strangulated by his own shirt,” said a police officer.
A case of murder has been registered against Rinku Dwivedi, Lavkesh Dwivedi and Dhiraj Dwivedi — the three with whom Satyam had gone out. “The three have been named in the FIR though the motive is not yet clear,” Gosainganj police station in-charge Arvind Kumar Pandey said. “All three are adults… no one has been arrested.”