A 10-year-old boy was found strangled to death in the fields near his village in Lucknow’s Gosaiganj area on Sunday morning.
Police said on Saturday, Sathwara village resident Ram Ujagar Dwivedi had gone to his relative’s place for a wedding in Shekhwamau village, along with his wife Archana. When he returned in the night, he found his son Satyam was not at home. His daughter Mandakini told him that Satyam had gone to get mangoes from orchards with three local boys.
- After panchayat orders social boycott: Kin of man who ‘murdered’ 9-year-old leave village
- Eleven dead in Barabanki: Three died after consuming liquor, others of natural causes, says government
- Infuriated at 'sight of her face', man kills two-and-a-half-yr-old daughter in Ludhiana village
- Barabanki BJP MP Priyanka Singh Rawat’s aides booked for land grab upon SDM complaint
- Woman pays son Rs 50,000 to kill her other son for 'harming her reputation'
- Woman found dead; son names father in FIR
Soon, Dwivedi started looking for his son. Satyam’s body was found around 7 am on Sunday. “Satyam was found strangulated by his own shirt,” said a police officer.
A case of murder has been registered against Rinku Dwivedi, Lavkesh Dwivedi and Dhiraj Dwivedi — the three with whom Satyam had gone out. “The three have been named in the FIR though the motive is not yet clear,” Gosainganj police station in-charge Arvind Kumar Pandey said. “All three are adults… no one has been arrested.”