West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said her party would never support Gujarat Chief Narendra Modi who is likely to be projected by the BJP as its prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections.
We have never supported Narendra Modi. We will never support him, Mamata said while addressing a panchayat elections rally at Rampurhat in Birbhum district.
In fact,Mamata has mooted the idea of a federal front comprising non-Congress and non-BJP parties that will fight the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Training her guns on the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government,she said: They have been ruling the country for 10 years. They never talked about Modi. Now with elections round the corner,they are telling people that if you dont vote for us,Modi will become prime minister.
She accused the BJP of failing to play the role of a responsible opposition in Parliament. They are not playing the role of a responsible opposition. Actually,I see there is no enmity between the Congress and the BJP, the chief minister said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Alleging that the BJP believed in the politics of dividing people,she said: But actually,they care for the interests of neither Hindus nor Muslims.