West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said her party would never support Gujarat Chief Narendra Modi who is likely to be projected by the BJP as its prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections.
We have never supported Narendra Modi. We will never support him, Mamata said while addressing a panchayat elections rally at Rampurhat in Birbhum district.
In fact,Mamata has mooted the idea of a federal front comprising non-Congress and non-BJP parties that will fight the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
Training her guns on the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government,she said: They have been ruling the country for 10 years. They never talked about Modi. Now with elections round the corner,they are telling people that if you dont vote for us,Modi will become prime minister.
She accused the BJP of failing to play the role of a responsible opposition in Parliament. They are not playing the role of a responsible opposition. Actually,I see there is no enmity between the Congress and the BJP, the chief minister said.
Alleging that the BJP believed in the politics of dividing people,she said: But actually,they care for the interests of neither Hindus nor Muslims.