The AAP government headed by Arvind Kejriwal will take a floor test on Thursday. Many who took the oath as MLAs on Wednesday were not sure whether the government would survive the trust vote,given that Kejriwal had said on Monday that his government had only 48 hours to keep its promises.
The Congress,which extends outside support to the government,is not revealing its cards. To a query on the confidence vote,Congress MLA and DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely said,We will not let them run away from this.
The AAP MLAs maintained that they would continue to serve in the time they had,while the BJP MLAs said they would keenly await the outcome of the trust vote. Many MLAs were heard checking with Lovely on what stand the Congress would take.
The Assembly will continue until January 7. If the government survives the vote of confidence,the Speaker would be elected on January 3. Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung will address the House on January 6. On January 7,a vote of thanks will be presented.
The AAP,which has 28 MLAs,has outside support from the Congress with eight MLAs. BJP has 32 MLAs,including one of its ally SAD. Besides these,there is an Independent MLA and a JD(U) MLA.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On Wednesday,only Congress MLA Jai Kishan missed the oath-taking ceremony as he was busy attending religious functions in his constituency. Senior Congress MLA Mateen Ahmad,who is the pro-tem Speaker,administered the oath of office and secrecy to the newly-elected MLAs.
Kejriwal who took the oath first followed by his Cabinet ministers.