A 24-year-old mother of two was allegedly gangraped and thrown out of a moving autorickshaw in an unconscious state at Akra in South 24 Parganas district, a Kolkata suburb.
Additional Superintendent of Police, South 24 Parganas (West) Rabindranath Abharu said four persons have been arrested in connection with the incident.
However, the prime accused who was in a relationship with the woman is absconding, he said.
Abharu said the woman, who had been deserted by her husband and lived with her mother at Akra, had been called from home by Shafiq, the person with whom she was said to be in a relationship, on July 31 evening.
He picked her up in an autorickshaw without a number plate. Four of his friends were also in the vehicle. The woman was then offered a drink and she lost consciousness after consuming it.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The five then allegedly gangraped her and threw her out of the vehicle at around 11 PM at Akra, he said, adding she was spotted by locals, who informed her family.
The woman was rushed to a hospital in Kolkata in a critical state.
Following a named FIR lodged by her mother, the police arrested two of the attackers late that night and seized the autorickshaw.
Two others were arrested from neighbouring Maheshtala area on Sunday, while the main accused is still absconding, he said. The two arrested on July 31 night were produced in court and remanded in police custody for a week.
“I have asked for a report. We condemn such incident. Strong action will be taken against unruly auto drivers,” State Transport Minister Madan Mitra said.