A 24-year-old mother of two was allegedly gangraped and thrown out of a moving autorickshaw in an unconscious state at Akra in South 24 Parganas district, a Kolkata suburb.
Additional Superintendent of Police, South 24 Parganas (West) Rabindranath Abharu said four persons have been arrested in connection with the incident.
However, the prime accused who was in a relationship with the woman is absconding, he said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Abharu said the woman, who had been deserted by her husband and lived with her mother at Akra, had been called from home by Shafiq, the person with whom she was said to be in a relationship, on July 31 evening.
He picked her up in an autorickshaw without a number plate. Four of his friends were also in the vehicle. The woman was then offered a drink and she lost consciousness after consuming it.
The five then allegedly gangraped her and threw her out of the vehicle at around 11 PM at Akra, he said, adding she was spotted by locals, who informed her family.
The woman was rushed to a hospital in Kolkata in a critical state.
Following a named FIR lodged by her mother, the police arrested two of the attackers late that night and seized the autorickshaw.
Two others were arrested from neighbouring Maheshtala area on Sunday, while the main accused is still absconding, he said. The two arrested on July 31 night were produced in court and remanded in police custody for a week.
“I have asked for a report. We condemn such incident. Strong action will be taken against unruly auto drivers,” State Transport Minister Madan Mitra said.