A 45-year-old woman, who was dumped at Jagatdal in North-24 Parganas district by an ambulance driver of a state-run hospital where she was admitted for treatment, died at another hospital Wednesday night.
Bani Sharma, who worked as a maid, was admitted to state-run B N Bose Hospital at Barrackpore on August 10 with allergic complications, said Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) of Barrackpore Commissionerate C Sudhakar, adding that an ambulance driver of the hospital had dumped her on the wayside near her home at Jagatdal the next night.
When her visually challenged husband found her missing the next day and complained to the hospital officials, he was told by the ward master that she was missing and a diary had been lodged with the police.
As the news spread, a road blockade was held on the arterial B T Road connecting the city to the northern suburbs on August 11, which was withdrawn after the local police promised an inquiry.
On probing the matter, it was found that the woman had been admitted to Bhatpara government hospital by some people who found her lying on the road at Jagatdal.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Health Minister Chandrima Bhattacharya visited the woman and following her intervention, she was admitted to the Belle Vue Nursing
Home and Clinic in the city for better treatment where she died last night.
The ambulance driver was arrested, Sudhakar added. Hospital superintendent Mridul Ghosh was suspended in connection with the incident on August 15, authorities said.