One thing that outgoing West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan will miss the most is Kolkata’s Durga Puja celebrations. This is what he told the ministers during a tea party at Raj Bhavan after the swearing-in of three new ministers this morning.
While the oath-taking ceremony for the ministers was to be held in the second week of July, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is learnt to have advanced it so as to be present in Raj Bhavan along with her ministers and the administration top brass before Narayanan demits office on July 4.
“The Governor became emotional, he told us he would miss us. But he also said what he would miss the most is Kolkata’s Durga Puja, “ Minister for Irrigation Rajib Banerjee told The Indian Express.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
When the media asked the Governor to describe his stay in Kolkata, he said it was “wonderful”. “Nothing more than wonderful. What can I say when I say wonderful!”
Despite niceties being exchanged, there was gloom in the air with Narayanan leaving six months earlier than his scheduled departure.
When Mamata, sitting next to the Governor, showed unwillingness to eat anything, the latter put a sandesh on her plate and insisted she should eat it. As Mamata accepted it smilingly, Narayanan helped himself to half a gulab jamun and a samosa.
The Governor was also seen speaking with minister Firhad Hakim and MP Derek Obrien for some time.
Sources said the Governor has gifted most of his books to the Raj Bhavan library.