One thing that outgoing West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan will miss the most is Kolkata’s Durga Puja celebrations. This is what he told the ministers during a tea party at Raj Bhavan after the swearing-in of three new ministers this morning.
While the oath-taking ceremony for the ministers was to be held in the second week of July, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is learnt to have advanced it so as to be present in Raj Bhavan along with her ministers and the administration top brass before Narayanan demits office on July 4.
“The Governor became emotional, he told us he would miss us. But he also said what he would miss the most is Kolkata’s Durga Puja, “ Minister for Irrigation Rajib Banerjee told The Indian Express.
When the media asked the Governor to describe his stay in Kolkata, he said it was “wonderful”. “Nothing more than wonderful. What can I say when I say wonderful!”
Despite niceties being exchanged, there was gloom in the air with Narayanan leaving six months earlier than his scheduled departure.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
When Mamata, sitting next to the Governor, showed unwillingness to eat anything, the latter put a sandesh on her plate and insisted she should eat it. As Mamata accepted it smilingly, Narayanan helped himself to half a gulab jamun and a samosa.
The Governor was also seen speaking with minister Firhad Hakim and MP Derek Obrien for some time.
Sources said the Governor has gifted most of his books to the Raj Bhavan library.