Trinamool Congress will play a crucial role in the formation of a government at the Centre and one can form form it without the party’s support, claimed Mamata Banerjee Wednesday.
“TMC will be the number one party in terms of government formation at the Centre. We will conquer Delhi this time,” said Banerjee while addressing a meeting at Gorubathan in Darjeeling in north Bengal.
Targeting BJP and its GJM-supported Darjeeling candidate S S Ahluwalia, Banerjee said: “They (BJP) are trying to divide Bengal. Those who come from Delhi run away after winning. They should remain in Delhi. In Bengal nothing is going to happen to CPM, BJP and Congress.”
Sending out a strong message against bifurcation of the state, Banerjee said: “Darjeeling is an integral part of Bengal. It is my heart. We believe in unity of all regions and communities and not in divisive politics. There are some who are trying to play divisive politics for their own vested interests.”
Banerjee also accused GJM of being more interested in going to Delhi with their demand for a separate state rather than being bothered about development. “I will not tolerate hooliganism and politics of blockade in the hills,” Banerjee warned Morcha.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Whenever elections come, they (GJM) go to Delhi frequently for their own vested interests of dividing people. If you count, you will find that they go to Delhi more than they visit Kalimpong or Kurseong.
“Why are they (GJM) shouting for Gorkhaland? We have given them GTA (Gorkha Territorial Administration) – let them work there and prove themselves. In education the order is first primary, then secondary, then higher secondary, then college, then university. But they want to go to the university without going to the primary,” she said.
“Trinamool have pitted Bhaichung Bhutia, a person from the hills. What is the difference between the hills of Sikkim (from where Bhutia hails) and hills of Darjeeling. All are same,” she said.
Banerjee said she will continue coming to the Darjeeling hills to ensure its development. “They (GJM) might get angry with me for coming here. But I am not bothered,” she added.