A supporter of the SUCI was on Wednesday killed in a clash allegedly with Trinamool Congress (TMC) supporters over the harvesting of paddy in South-24 Parganas district, and eight people were arrested in connection with the incident.
Watch What Else is Making news
Police said the clash occurred at Koikhali when Himanshu Haldar, a TMC worker, “forcibly” tried to harvest paddy from the fields cultivated by share-cropper and SUCI supporter Subhas Das.
Six persons, including Das, were injured when the latter, with his family members and villagers, tried to resist. Das was rushed to a Kolkata hospital where he died during treatment, while the other five injured persons are still undergoing treatment, police said.
Eight persons were arrested in connection with the incident and Himanshu is absconding.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More