Posters put up at the gates of a school at Englishbazar here demanding ransom and threatening abduction of students in case of failure to pay it has created panic in the minds of the people.
Police said the handwritten posters in Bengali were found near the gates of co-educational Nagharia High School on Sunday.
- Ambala: Boy kidnaps five-year-old for ransom, kills her
- Seven students ‘force’ BHU to take down Ambedkar posters, booked
- In posters, Chhattisgarh Maoists threaten to kill minister, officials, journalists
- Six taken into custody for abducting student
- A year after demonetisation, Kanpur traders face 'chillar' problem
- Juvenile among four held for kidnapping class IX student
The posters threatened to abduct ten students if the ransom of Rs 2 lakh was not paid but specified no date, the police said.
Such posters demanding money were found in other houses and institutions for the past month which scared the people of the area.
Police said investigations were on and asked students not to be scared of the threat.