Increasing the discomfort of state Congress, Arpita Chowdhury, wife of state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury said she was likely to join TMC soon.
Talking to The Indian Express, she said Adhir had abandoned her about three months ago and was helpless. “Adhir hardly comes home. I stay alone at my Shahid Surya Sen Road. He has not even kept in touch. I had to do something. So I have decided to join TMC,” Arpita said. Asked why she had chosen TMC she said that she had been inspired by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and would like to do some constructive work for people.
- ‘There is anti-BJP political space in Bengal,’ says Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi
- Ready to support CPM if they nominate Sitaram Yechury, says Adhir Chowdhury
- West Bengal bye-elections: Sizeable chunk of Left’s vote share may have gone to BJP, say experts
- TMC indicates unwilling to be led by Rahul’s UPA, sets criteria for 2019 leader
- Rajasthan hacking: Leaders meet Afrazul kin, TMC to raise issue in Parliament
- Bengal Youth Cong chief to join Trinamool today
Sources at the TMC said that senior leaders had been in touch with Arpita and she would not only be inducted into the party within a week but will also be given a ticket in the municipal election.
“Yes, I have been in touch with senior TMC leaders and hopefully they will induct me before the municipal polls,” Arpita said.
Adhir was not available for a comment on the issue but senior Congress leaders said that it had been apprehended for sometime within the party.