Two persons were on Wednesday arrested by Kolkata police with Rs 80 lakh in demonetised currency at Bradbourne Road under Howrath Bridge Traffic Guard jurisdiction.
Watch What Else is Making News
The accused, identified as Saurav Mukherjee and Sushil Kumar Shukla, are residents of Kolkata and were travelling by taxi to M G Road. A traffic sergeant found two travel bags with 40 lakh rupees each in Rs 500 notes. The duo were unable to produce documents to account for the money, and were arrested under Section 41 of the CrPC.
During interrogation, the duo revealed that the money belonged to a businessman identified as Kishan Bajaj in Posta area, and they were employees who were delivering the money to him. According to police, Bajaj deals in iron and garments. Police are interrogating Bajaj, and the income tax department has been informed.
In a similar occurrence, officers from Hare Street police station nabbed two persons for depositing Rs 24,000 in fake notes. The notes were in denominations which have been banned.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“They had gone to deposit Rs 2 lakh at UBI bank in Ganesh Chandra Avenue. According to police, they had 24 fake Rs 1,000 notes. The duo, Santosh Singh and Loknath Singh, have been arrested and we are investigating the matter,” said an official.