Despite the Election Commission’s assurances in this respect, there were reports of violence from across the state during the fourth phase of polls Wednesday at six parliamentary constituencies .
At 5.15 pm, the average poll percentage at the six constituencies was 80.51 per cent. Individually, Medinipur recorded 81.41 per cent, Jhargram 87.88 pc, Purulia 78.55 pc, Bankura 80.55 pc, Bishnupur 85.21 pc and Asansol 75.47 per cent.
In West Midnapore’s Narayangarh, a Trinamool Congress worker was attacked with a knife and sustained injuries in the neck.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
At another booth in West Midnapore’s Garbeta, CPM polling agents were allegedly beaten up by TMC workers in the presence of police officials. Voters were also allegedly intimidated by TMC workers at Junsol Primary School in Garbeta.
The CPM also complained that their polling agents in at least three booths of Jhargram were beaten up. At Garbeta, there were complaints of bogus voting in about 33 booths.
Earlier, the BJP complained their agents were being forced out of 50 booths at Deshbandhu, Jetthhan area in Egra I block, East Midnapore. The accused were allegedly workers of TMC led by TMC block vice-president Abhimanyu Pradhan and TMC leader Firoz Khan.
At Medinipur, TMC supporters put up a demonstration around CPIM candidate Prabodh Panda’s car, alleging he was going around with MP sticker on his car.
The EC’s role was also questioned at Mohanpur and Dantan where central forces allegedly did not reach.
At Jhargram’s Netaji Primary School, polling agents were said to be without proper identity card. BJP polling agent Raja Mukherjee was allegedly beaten up by TMC workers at Raniganj’s booth number 242.
CPM polling agents were allegedly forced out of booth number 184 at Patpur in West Midnapore.