Despite the Election Commission’s assurances in this respect, there were reports of violence from across the state during the fourth phase of polls Wednesday at six parliamentary constituencies .
At 5.15 pm, the average poll percentage at the six constituencies was 80.51 per cent. Individually, Medinipur recorded 81.41 per cent, Jhargram 87.88 pc, Purulia 78.55 pc, Bankura 80.55 pc, Bishnupur 85.21 pc and Asansol 75.47 per cent.
In West Midnapore’s Narayangarh, a Trinamool Congress worker was attacked with a knife and sustained injuries in the neck.
At another booth in West Midnapore’s Garbeta, CPM polling agents were allegedly beaten up by TMC workers in the presence of police officials. Voters were also allegedly intimidated by TMC workers at Junsol Primary School in Garbeta.
The CPM also complained that their polling agents in at least three booths of Jhargram were beaten up. At Garbeta, there were complaints of bogus voting in about 33 booths.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Earlier, the BJP complained their agents were being forced out of 50 booths at Deshbandhu, Jetthhan area in Egra I block, East Midnapore. The accused were allegedly workers of TMC led by TMC block vice-president Abhimanyu Pradhan and TMC leader Firoz Khan.
At Medinipur, TMC supporters put up a demonstration around CPIM candidate Prabodh Panda’s car, alleging he was going around with MP sticker on his car.
The EC’s role was also questioned at Mohanpur and Dantan where central forces allegedly did not reach.
At Jhargram’s Netaji Primary School, polling agents were said to be without proper identity card. BJP polling agent Raja Mukherjee was allegedly beaten up by TMC workers at Raniganj’s booth number 242.
CPM polling agents were allegedly forced out of booth number 184 at Patpur in West Midnapore.