In a case of misjudgment that led to a serious law and order problem in North Bengal’s Jalpaiguri district, the villagers and police clashed leaving seven policemen, five private security guards and several others injured.
The villagers of Jalpesh village at Moynaguri area in Jalpaiguri Tuesday attacked a group of five security guards of a private company and some technicians, who went to the village to work on its electricity network.
Suspecting the group to be cattle smugglers, the villagers attacked the group at wee hours and started beating them until a group of policemen went to rescue them. However, the villagers took on the police, too.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, a large contingent of the police was sent to the spot which further agitated the villagers. Around five vehicles were torched and several policemen injured.
Four villagers were arrested on charges of rioting and damaging public property. The injured policemen and villagers were admitted to a local hospital, said a senior police official.