A local court Tuesday granted permission to the police to conduct DNA test on the tribal girl, who was gangraped on the orders of a tribal court at Bolpur village in West Bengal’s Birbhum district, and the 13 men accused of the crime. The girl was punished by the tribal court for marrying Khalek Sheikh, a man who was not from her tribe.
The court also recorded Khalek Sheikh’s statement as witness. The two brothers and the sister-in-law of the victim were also present in the Bolpur court to record their statements under section 164 CrPC.
Government lawyer Phiroj Pal said, “The four persons who are considered as important witnesses in this case were present before the judge to register their statement under CRPC 164.”
Though the younger brother of the girl was present he was not presented for declaration.
Meanwhile, the forensic report related to the case was submitted to the Birbhum police, but its contents were not disclosed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The girl was gang-raped on January 21 after she said said that she was unable to pay the fine of Rs 25,000 imposed by the kangaroo court. Khalek Sheik’s brother Dipu had paid Rs 25,000 as fine on his behalf to the kangaroo court.
The 13 people, including the ‘morol’ (community head) Balai Murdy accused of the gangrape were sent to police custody for 13 days since January 24.