After her party’s powerful performance in the parliamentary elections, Trinamool Congress MLA Sikha Mitra, the wife of Congress leader Somen Mitra, Monday submitted her resignation to the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly.
After submitting her resignation, she said had been waiting for her “suspension letter”. “I had heard this news across all media that I have been suspended from the party but till date I have not received any such letter. I had talked to the highest leadership of the party as well,” she said.
Asked why did she put in her papers now, the MLA from Chowringhee assembly constituency said she had been waiting for the results of the Lok Sabha elections. “How has the TMC won 34 seats despite the TET scam, SSC scam and the mother of all scams — the Saradha scam.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Staying in the party after this is against my conscience,” she said, adding the special investigating team, which Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has created to investigate the Saradha scam, was a farce.
She had said in an earlier interview to The Indian Express that she would not resign until the people’s mandate came. “Even today my supporters said I should not resign, but I was not able to work the way I want to… TMC men are heckling my supporters and in the Assembly too I was not able to voice the problems of my constituency.”
Asked if she would be contesting as a Congress candidate in the bypolls at her constituency, she said, “At the moment I have not decided anything as such but Congress is in my blood and even if I joined the party, there is no rule that it would would pitch me as their candidate from there,” she said.