BY: Madhurita Goswami
At the peak of election season, two IIM Calcutta students will be interning with the Trinamool Congress, hoping to gain practical experience by working in close quarters with the politician they admire — Mamata Banerjee.
Samprati Motghare, a Bhilai native and Tanmay Mondal of Bolpur were chosen from four students shortlisted for the interview.
According to Samprati Motghare, his motivation to be part of the internship came from wanting to learn as much as possible from diverse fields. “An opportunity to work for a political party during elections comes rarely. I hope to learn about the party’s policy-making and communication strategy, which will help me in my career,” he said in an e-mail. He, is however, open to the idea in the future.
For Tanmay Mondal, the opportunity will give him first-hand experience in the field of politics which has always interested him. “I have decided to work in the corporate sector for the next five-six years, after which I will devote myself to politics,” he said.
As interns, Motghare and Mondal will be required to convey the message of development in the state under the Trinamool-led government in the last 34 months to the electorate of the state. “We have been briefed on how the digital team of the Trinamool Congress works and have been engaged in the extensive research in the development in various parts of Bengal,” said Motghare.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
On the reasons for choosing TMC as part of their internship programme, Mondal said: “It is because of Mamata Banerjee — her vision for the state is awe-inspiring. I am a huge admirer of her and believe she is doing amazing work.”
Motghare believes there is lot to learn from how the Trinamool Congress maintains a balance between development and pro-people policies. He considers Banerjee to be “one of the most fearless leaders in the
(The reporter is a student of EXIMS)