A spurned lover and his two friends, who had allegedly dragged a 20-year-old girl to a secluded spot and took turns to gangrape her at Gaighata in North 24-Parganas district Friday night, were arrested and remanded in five-day police custody. The victim’s father, a mason, had lodged a police complaint Saturday.
The victim had turned down Zico Kirtanya’s advances some time back, police said. His friends were identified as Antony Raju Gomes and Balaram Mata.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“She was allegedly taken to a place at Anandapara High School, where she was gangraped. The victim was sent for a medical test,” a senior official of Gaighata PS said.
Food minister Jyotipriya Mullick visited the victim’s residence Sunday. “The victim and her father want strictest punishment for the offenders. They are happy with the way police have functioned. I have spoken to the principal of the school and have asked them to waive off the victim and her brother’s school fees. The victim is a Class X student and her brother is in Class IX,” he said, adding the state will arrange a job for the victim’s father.
Mullick said the growing number of rape cases in the vicinity is a matter of concern.