A spurned lover and his two friends, who had allegedly dragged a 20-year-old girl to a secluded spot and took turns to gangrape her at Gaighata in North 24-Parganas district Friday night, were arrested and remanded in five-day police custody. The victim’s father, a mason, had lodged a police complaint Saturday.
The victim had turned down Zico Kirtanya’s advances some time back, police said. His friends were identified as Antony Raju Gomes and Balaram Mata.
“She was allegedly taken to a place at Anandapara High School, where she was gangraped. The victim was sent for a medical test,” a senior official of Gaighata PS said.
Food minister Jyotipriya Mullick visited the victim’s residence Sunday. “The victim and her father want strictest punishment for the offenders. They are happy with the way police have functioned. I have spoken to the principal of the school and have asked them to waive off the victim and her brother’s school fees. The victim is a Class X student and her brother is in Class IX,” he said, adding the state will arrange a job for the victim’s father.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Mullick said the growing number of rape cases in the vicinity is a matter of concern.