The rift between the ruling Trinamool Congress and the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha once again came at the forefront after Morcha president Bimal Gurung today said that the TMC will lose in Darjeeling as miserably as the CPM had in 2009 election. Gurung, who returned to Darjeeling today, said that the TMC would not get votes and would be defeated by the people in the hills.
“TMC will lose in Darjeeling the way CPM lost in 2009 (in Darjeeling). We do not have anything to do with West Bengal. The state never thought of the people in the hills. The BJP MP (Jaswant Singh) is the only person who has raised his voice for Gorkhaland,” said Gurung, who was speaking to the reporters at the Bagdogra airport. The GJM recently announced it will support the BJP in West Bengal, including Darjeeling.
The Morcha president has, meanwhile, called for a central committee meeting on Thursday after which the name of the candidate (from Darjeeling) for the Lok Sabha election will be announced, said Roshan Giri, GJM general secretary. Sources in the GJM said a veteran BJP leader’s name is likely to be announced as the candidate whom the GJM will support. Names of senior BJP leaders like S S Ahluwalia and Rajiv Pratap Rudy are currently doing the rounds.
Everything will be finalised on Thursday,” Giri said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest