The rift between the ruling Trinamool Congress and the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha once again came at the forefront after Morcha president Bimal Gurung today said that the TMC will lose in Darjeeling as miserably as the CPM had in 2009 election. Gurung, who returned to Darjeeling today, said that the TMC would not get votes and would be defeated by the people in the hills.
“TMC will lose in Darjeeling the way CPM lost in 2009 (in Darjeeling). We do not have anything to do with West Bengal. The state never thought of the people in the hills. The BJP MP (Jaswant Singh) is the only person who has raised his voice for Gorkhaland,” said Gurung, who was speaking to the reporters at the Bagdogra airport. The GJM recently announced it will support the BJP in West Bengal, including Darjeeling.
The Morcha president has, meanwhile, called for a central committee meeting on Thursday after which the name of the candidate (from Darjeeling) for the Lok Sabha election will be announced, said Roshan Giri, GJM general secretary. Sources in the GJM said a veteran BJP leader’s name is likely to be announced as the candidate whom the GJM will support. Names of senior BJP leaders like S S Ahluwalia and Rajiv Pratap Rudy are currently doing the rounds.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
Everything will be finalised on Thursday,” Giri said.