A day after her disastrous rally at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi, which social activist Anna Hazare skipped, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Thursday said her party would not be part of any “unholy” alliance and would fight the elections alone everywhere.
“In India there have been two big parties, the Congress and the BJP, for a long time. But we have made a big stride in national politics. Trinamool Congress will be the third largest party in the country (after the elections). We will not be part of any unholy alliance because we believe in the alliance of people,’’ Mamata said Thursday on her arrival at Kolkata airport from Delhi.
Reiterating that her party would play a significant role in national politics, Mamata said that besides the 42 seats in West Bengal, her party would be contesting seats in Assam, Tripura, Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa, Delhi and Kerala as well.
The Trinamool Congress president, however, refused to talk about Wednesday’s rally in the national capital. “Whatever I had to say about yesterday, I have said and will not talk about it,” she said.
Hazare did not show up at the rally organised by him and Trinamool Congress in Delhi, causing much embarrassment to the Bengal Chief Minister.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched